Last modified: Oct 13, 2022
Carbon Safe, a Colorado nonprofit corporation d/b/a Terraset (the “Company” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through the Company’s compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.terrasetclimate.org (the “Website”) and the Company’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Individuals Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, if any, or provide any information about yourself to the Company, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and email address (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to the Company
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to receive more information from Company and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable users to exercise choice about behavioral tracking please contact the Company at email@example.com
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling the Company to:
- Estimate the Company’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to the Company, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from the Company.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any information we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about the Company’s own and third-parties’ activities, goods, and/or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Company to use your information in this way, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose aggregated information about the Company’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Company’s operations and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others.
The categories of personal information we may disclose include, without limitation,: name and email address.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to the Company. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Materials from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote the Company’s own or third parties’ activities, products, and/or services, you can opt-out by contacting the Company at email@example.com
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
The Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user of the Website is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that the Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that the Company complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that the Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that the Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that the Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your State Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact Company at email@example.com
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The Company may transfer your personal data outside of the jurisdiction where you reside.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
How to Contact the Appropriate Authority (GDPR Compliance Only)
Should you wish to report a complaint under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or if you feel that we have not addressed your concerns regarding our compliance with the GDPR in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via the email address, phone number, or mailing address provided on the following website: https://ico.org.uk/.